At the beginning of each year, I like to set the stage for what I want to get out of the year in terms of personal growth, challenging myself, and opening myself up to new experiences. I don’t really set “goals” that have to be achieved, but rather focus on intentions and resolutions that don’t necessarily have a specific timeframe or number attached to them. You can see my Resolutions and Intentions from 2019, 2020, 2021, and 2022.
Last year was incredibly challenging and filled with a lot of drastic changes in my life, including quitting my job, starting grad school, and assisting with moving my mom from our family home I grew up in. With so many transitions and constantly feeling unstable/up in the air/lacking certainty, I’m hoping 2023 will bring peace, rest, stability, and be an overall restful and restorative year.
Now, I’m definitely not going to be naïve and assume this year will be easy (I still need to get through two semesters and apply for jobs/internships), but I’m hoping that it will be a little more predictable and easier to manage. I’m confident that since last year I focused on so many external factors, that this year I can really spend time on what makes me happy and practice more self care in various forms.
Below are a few intentions I’ve set for myself – I’m not going to go overboard trying to
- Read more books – last year I read a whopping 55 books, but I’m setting this year’s goal at 35 since I know I’ll be doing a lot of reading for my classes. Getting back into pleasure reading is a form of self care for me – it allows me to fully unplug and immerse myself in a new world, so I definitely want to continue reading in the new year! (You can also learn more about my 2019, 2020, 2021, and 2022 reading lists.)
- Finish at least 50 goals on my 101 in 1001 list and start a new list in April!
- Take time to be creative – I loved to paint and draw and honestly miss the soothing, re-centering effect it has on me. Whether it’s doodling, filling in a coloring book, taking a virtual paint and sip class, or actually devoting an afternoon to designing an outfit, I want to get back in touch with my creative side even more this year!
- Get stronger physically – continue to strengthen my immune system, eat vitamins, build up my weight lifting abilities – anything healthy that makes me strong! And definitely move my body more as quarantine continues. All during 2022 I’ve been working to regain my strength and have been very happy with my progress, so I hope to continue it into the new year!
- Experiment more with my personal style (a continuing personal challenge from the past five years) – get bolder with my colors, patterns, and reinventing new ways to work with my existing wardrobe.
- Organize my apartment more often – and keep it organized! This is always a struggle for me to achieve – reasonable neatness is on the agenda for 2023!
- Reconnect with old friends – call my long distance friends and family more frequently, and maybe try to travel and visit loved ones more often.
- Continue Anti-racism work and educating myself – by reading, watching documentaries, and supporting good organizations and causes.
- Use cookbooks to try out at least new 3 recipes and craft a signature cocktail.
- Do silent works of good – donating to charities, volunteering, paying for someone else’s coffee, and taking advantage of any opportunities that arise to help someone out.
- Bullet journal more consistently – and therefore keep my life a bit more organized.
- Go to at least three new museums.
- Work on increasing my spice tolerance so I can enjoy spicier foods.
- Get better at saving $ and selling/donating clothes I no longer wear.
Travel and Exploration:
After three years of basically not doing any travel outside of car rides/visiting family, I was so excited to travel abroad in September of 2022, and that definitely ignited my inner travel bug! I’m aiming to go on more trips and explore the world even more in 2023.
- Go to at least one new state.
- Visit Nantucket – either at the end of summer, mid fall, or for Christmas Stroll in December.
- Explore DC and the surrounding DMV area even more – maybe take road trips or weekend getaways.
- Visit one new country (pandemic dependent).
For the Blog:
- Be consistent about blogging and engagement – at least 4 posts per month.
- Connect and collaborate with fellow bloggers and brands – reach out to at least two brands I love.
- Participate more in the blogging community through DC Blogger Union events and volunteering, grabbing coffees with fellow influencers, and hosting events.
- Being more creative and out-of-the-box with ideas for both blog posts and photoshoots.
- Do more photoshoots for content – get creative with new locations and continue doing shoots at least 1-2 times per month!
After a very hectic 2022, I’m excited and optimistic for what 2023 has in store! I hope you all are excited to follow along with me on this journey and that the beginning of this year brings you lots of joy!