At the beginning of each year, I like to set the stage for what I want to get out of the year in terms of personal growth, challenging myself, and opening myself up to new experiences. I don’t really set “goals” that have to be achieved, but rather focus on intentions and resolutions that don’t necessarily have a specific timeframe or number attached to them.
The past two years have been challenging and really forced me to reevaluate what I should prioritize, which left me focusing on more personal growth and projects that I could work on from home, such as learning to cook more dishes, reading more books, and experimenting with my style. Since 2022 has started with a lot of uncertainty mixed with hope, I’m sticking with the same types of intentions that are more directly within my control.
Personal/ For Fun:
- Read more books – this year’s goal is 50! (You can read about my 2020 book list and 2021 book list in these posts.)
- Take time to be creative – I loved to paint and draw and honestly miss the soothing, re-centering effect it has on me. Whether it’s doodling, filling in a coloring book, taking a virtual paint and sip class, or actually devoting an afternoon to designing an outfit, I want to get back in touch with my creative side even more this year!
- Get stronger physically – continue to strengthen my immune system, eat vitamins, build up my weight lifting abilities – anything healthy that makes me strong! And definitely move my body more as quarantine continues. All during 2021 I’ve been working to regain my strength and have been very happy with my progress, so I hope to continue it into the new year!
- Experiment more with my personal style (a continuing challenge from the past four years) – get bolder with my colors, patterns, and reinventing new ways to work with my existing wardrobe.
- Organize my apartment more often – and keep it organized! This is always a struggle for me to achieve – reasonable neatness is on the agenda for 2022!
- Reconnect with old friends – call my long distance friends and family more frequently, especially during the continuing pandemic.
- Continue Anti-racism work and educating myself – by reading, watching documentaries, and supporting good organizations and causes.
- Use cookbooks to try out at least new 3 recipes and craft a signature cocktail.
- Do silent works of good – donating to charities, volunteering, paying for someone else’s coffee, and taking advantage of any opportunities that arise to help someone out.
- Bullet journal more consistently – and therefore keep my life a bit more organized.
- Go to at least three new museums (pandemic permitting)
- Work on increasing my spice tolerance so I can enjoy spicier foods.
- Get better at saving $ and selling/donating clothes I no longer wear.
Travel and Exploration:
I’m not holding my breath on any kind of travel this year, but I’m hopefully that I may get to do a bit more safe exploring later on in 2022.
- Go to at least one new state.
- Visit Nantucket – either at the end of summer, mid fall, or for Christmas Stroll in December, when the pandemic will hopefully be more under control.
- Explore DC and the surrounding DMV area even more – maybe take road trips or weekend getaways.
- Visit one new country (pandemic dependent).
For the Blog:
- Be consistent about blogging and engagement – at least 4 posts per month.
- Connect and collaborate with fellow bloggers and brands – reach out to at least two brands I love.
- Being more creative and out-of-the-box with ideas.
- Do more photoshoots for content – and get creative about poses and locations and continue doing shoots at least 1-2 times per month!
Despite having a strange start to the year, I’m excited and optimistic for what 2022 has in store! I hope you all are excited to follow along with me on this journey and that the beginning of this year brings you lots of joy!