Hello all and happy April!
I decided to take a different approach to this month’s “Obsessions” blog post by sharing what I’m currently loving to pass the time indoors. Featured are some of my favorite books and TV shows in a range of genres, some treats I’ve been loving to add interest to my day, and a slew of indoor activities you can do by yourself or with a roommate. I’ve also included articles focused on social distancing – from date night ideas to mental health resources to fun activities to confronting the obligation to be “productive” – and I hope you find them useful!
Helpful Articles to Read During Social Distancing:
- Stop Trying to Be Productive – NYT
- Finding Peace During the Pandemic – UCF Today
- Free Online Meditation Resources for Times of Social Distancing – The Awake Network
- Things to do to stay connected and distracted in quarantine – Business Insider
- Why ‘physical distancing’ is better than ‘social distancing’ – Al Jazeera
- How to Stand Still – Cup of Jo
- 15 Date Ideas In The Age Of Social Distancing – Huff Post
- How Multigenerational Families Manage ‘Social Distancing’ Under One Roof – NPR
- 20 things to do for fun at home or while social distancing – The News & Observer
- The best video call apps to use while you’re social distancing – CNBC
- 9 Things to do at Home Alone – The Stripe
- The Social-Distancing Culture War – The Atlantic
- The Best Internet Rabbit Holes To Go Down – Buzzfeed
- Puzzles – some personal favorites are Cat Zodiac, Champagne Problems, Nevertheless She Persisted, Gustav Klimt Portrait of Adele, Vintage Cote D’Azur Travel Illustration, and Unicorn Reading themes!
- Adult Coloring Books – I love The Big Ass Swear Word Coloring Book (what I’m currently coloring daily), Color the Classics: Alice in Wonderland, Stay the Fuck Home and Color, Color the Zodiac, and Color Me Fucking Calm.
- Lego Sets – some challenging creations at a variety of price points include Trafalgar Square, Harry Potter and The Goblet of Fire Hogwarts Clock Tower Castle, Bookshop, and Hogwarts Castle.
- Get inspired by a themed day! Sydne Style has a great breakdown of all the fun and quirky holidays throughout the month of April! I’m aiming to pick at least one holiday a week to have a fun themed day or photo!
- Netflix Party – I really enjoyed watching Hitch with my friends last weekend and engaging in real time commentary together via chat, and we’ve already made plans to start a TV miniseries soon!
Fun, Lighthearted, and Uplifting reads:
- Signs: The Secret Language of the Universe
- The Crazy Rich Asians series
- American Royals
- Girl, Stop Apologizing
- Milk and Honey
- The 7 1/2 Deaths of Evelyn Hardcastle
- Magic for Liars
- Hercule Poirot and The Mystery of the Three Quarters
Informative and Interesting reads:
- Such a Fun Age
- Talking to Stangers
- Daisy Jones and the Six
- Tiger King
- The Bold Type
- Miss Fisher’s Murder Mysteries
- Self Made
- Tuca and Bertie
- The Crown
- Fruits Basket (for my fellow anime nerds out there – season 2 drops this month!)
- Classics: Gossip Girl, Friends, and Sex and the City
Snacks and Treats
- Daily Beauty Blueberry Lavender Butterfly Pea Flower Tea
- Trader Joe’s green tea mochi and peanut butter chocolate mochi
- Trader Joe’s Popcorn with Herbs & Spices
- Harper Macaw specialty chocolates
- Homemade chia pudding with vanilla almond milk
I hope this gives you all some fun things to do inside while social distancing – stay safe and healthy! And do let me know if there are any fun activities you enjoy that I didn’t include!