Happy Pride Month!
We’re almost one full week into Pride and I am already feeling so joyful! For me, this month is a time of acceptance, community, learning, freedom, and self love – when everyone can embrace who they are and how they identify without fear of judgement. It’s a time for allies to show they care about and stand with the LGBTQ+ community and for members of the community to deepen our understanding of the broad range of intersectional issues that effect so many of us.
The past few years, our community has been under attack with laws and regulations aimed to “other” us or frame us as less deserving members of our rights within society. Now is a time to remember how far we’ve come, the work we have left to do, and celebrate who we are!
That being said, there’s a lot to celebrate in DC this month (and I’ve linked to celebrations in a few other cities as well!) so let’s get this party started!
Events in DC, Maryland, and Virginia:
- June 9 – Capital Pride Rooftop Pool Party at VIDA Penthouse Pool The Yards
- June 9 – DC Latinx Pride Party at Howard Theater
- June 10 – RIOT! The Capital Pride Official Opening Party at Echostage
- June 10 – Pride Run 5K starting at the Historic Congressional Cemetery
- June 11 – Mosaic’s Pride Parade at Mosaic District, VA
- June 11 – Capital Pride Block Party
- June 11 – Capital Pride Parade
- June 11 – ReMIX! The Capital Pride Official Parade After-Party at City Winery
- June 11 – Pride on the Pier at the Wharf DC
- June 12 – Capital Pride Festival & Concert – along Pennsylvania Avenue between 7th and 3rd Street NW
- June 14 – Pride Night Out at the Nationals at Nationals Park
- June 15 – Arlington Pride Festival at Gateway Park, VA
- June 15 – Virtual Pride Interfaith Service
- June 18 – DC Pride Bar Crawl starting from A League of Her Own
- June 18 – Pride Run Richmond (VA)
- June 25 – Baltimore Pride Parade (MD)
- June 26 – Pride in the Plaza Festival at Veterans Plaza in Silver Spring, MD
- June 26 – Rockville Pride at Rockville Town Square Park, MD
- June 30 – District of Pride Showcase at Lincoln Theatre
There’s even more! Check out the full list of Capital Pride events to keep yourself busy and connected to this vibrant community all month long!
And for those note located in the DMV area, here are a few more cities with thriving Pride Month festivities happening this June:
- NYC Pride
- San Francisco Pride
- Chicago Pride
- Boston Pride
- Miami Pride
- San Antonio Pride
- Columbus Pride
- Los Angeles Pride
Be sure to check out your local city/town events to see if they’re hosting a Pride Parade or celebration near you! I hope this inspires you to get out and show your support for the LGBTQ+ community this year!
Stay Proud! ❤