I’m writing about my October Obsessions earlier than I typically do, because I want to make sure I lay out all the cool things happening this month! Whether it’s new brand collaborations, murder mysteries to curl up with on a weekend, or spooky movies playing in theaters, I wanted to break it all down as early as possible. I am honestly so excited for everything this month has in store – both seasonal and Halloween-specific!
- How Astrology Is Soothing Millennial Women’s Souls – If you’ve been following me for a while, you’ll know I have a bit of an astrology addiction. This article definitely speaks to me when it comes to the fun, hilarious, and at times calming and grounding aspects of turning to your horoscope for insight.
- This interesting article about how Millenials and Gen-Z are changing workplace environments and opting for a healthier work-life balance.
- A reflective read in the wake of Forever 21 filing for bankruptcy this past weekend.
- A great read delving into a group working to make the Burning Man Festival more accessible to people of all abilities.
There have been a few really interesting collaborations in the fashion world that draw on everything from anime to 90s sitcoms, and I am here for the nostalgia. On top of that, I’m loving the deep green found across runways and stores this season. And of course, I couldn’t pass up sharing some costume inspiration in the links below!
- Coach X Michael B Jordan – this Naruto-inspired collaboration fuels both my fashion and my nerdy sides! I love this unique fusion of two distinct styles that I never would have thought to combine.
- The Ralph Lauren x Friends collab re-imagines the iconic 90s work wardrobe for a modern woman.
- Gal Meets Glam October Collection – since dropping their beautiful shoe collaboration with Margaux NY, I’m excited to see what this classic, feminine brand has in store for the season! The new collection drops on October 15 – and this time they added coats to the collection!
- Refinery 29 calls this deep green THE Fall color for 2019, and I’m here for it!
- I’m loving the ombre manicure trend for this season!
- Looking for cute, stylish Halloween costumes? This breakdown of looks from iconic witches is sure to bewitch everyone who sees you!
Movies and TV Shows:
- Joker – October 4
- The Addams Family – October 11
- Maleficent: Mistress of Evil – October 18
- Limetown series on Facebook Watch – October – October 16
- Carmen San Diego season 2 on Netflix – October 1
- Big Mouth season 3 on Netflix – October 4
Books I’ve Read:
I’ve dove into lots of magical stories and mysteries in keeping with the spirit of the season! I breezed through each of these books over the course of the past month and want to share these fun reads with you all.
- Magic for Liars – a grown up version of Harry Potter – what if your twin sister inherited the magic in the family and you were given nothing? Now you’re a hardened detective who has been tasked with solving magical murders and immersing yourself into a world you thought you never belonged in.
- Hercule Poirot’s The Mystery of Three Quarters – I’ve been an Agatha Christie fan for as long as I can remember and this is the perfect fall read!
- Murder at the Breakers – a fun, gilded age murder mystery centered around a spirited young female socialite solving crimes among Newport’s elite.
- Madeline’s Ghost – a tale about a disillusioned New York grad student tasked with finding a patron saint for Brooklyn…while living in a haunted apartment.
- 1 Henry IV at the Folger Shakespeare Library – although I saw this play last weekend, it runs through October 13 and is SUCH a great performance! I’m not a die-hard Shakespeare fan, but I always appreciate how the Folger breathes life and relevance into the lesser-known plays.
- Brightest Young Things Book Swap – October 8
- Halloween Cookie Decorating with Megan Bakes – October 17
- Boo at the Zoo – October 18-20
- 29 Rooms is coming to DC from October 18-27
- Boos and Brews at the National Building Museum – October 21
- Betzen Ball Comedy Festival – October 24-27
- Adams Morgan Apple Festival and Pie Contest – October 26
- Halloween Soiree at the Watergate Hotel – October 31
- Dupont Underground Halloween Parties – October 31 and November 1
I hope this post provides you with spooky inspiration and gets you excited for the rest of the month, whether you’re in DC or elsewhere! Stay tuned for a lot of fun fall content I’ll be sharing over the next few weeks! Stay Spooky!