Earlier this month I returned from a trip to Steamboat, Colorado! It’s been about seven years since I was last in Steamboat, so I loved visiting old haunts and checking out new places. While a lot has changed, I was glad to see so many of my favorite small businesses thriving.
Steamboat is the perfect balance between western rustic, small town vibes and more upscale resorts, restaurants, and activities. It’s not as touristy as Vail or Jackson Hole, so it’s nice to get a feel for the traditional Colorado lifestyle.
The last time I was here, I actually didn’t have my blog, so I’m excited to finally share this little mountainside destination with you all!
Where to Eat:
There are so many great restaurants both on the Steamboat mountain/base area and in the cute local town – for such a remote location, it’s a true foodie haven!
- Mazzola’s (Italian)
- Fiesta Jalisco (Mexican)
- Mambo Italiano (Italian)
- Mai Thai (Thai)
- Three Peaks Grill (Upscale American/surf & turf)
On the Steamboat Mountain/Base area:
What to do:
- Skiing/Snowboarding in winter
- Hiking/Biking in summer
- Visiting the natural Strawberry Hot Springs
Stores in Town to Stop By:
- FM Light & Sons – this Steamboat staple has all the cowgirl boots & hats, denim, and local branded apparel you could want!
- Off The Beaten Path Bookstore – you all know I love a local bookstore and this one also has an adorable cafe! And amazing staff members Virgie, Jenna, and Eva give the best book recommendations!
- Lyon’s Corner Drug Store – I love looking around at the cool local products featured among the vintage decor!
- Steamboat Art Museum – this free museum is a must-see, often featuring local and Indigenous artists, the sculptures and paintings they showcase are always breathtaking! It’s located in a former bank building with a focus on regional Colorado artwork, plus they host workshops & lectures.
- Embellishments – I love all the local crafts and products in this shop. It’s the perfect place to find unique gifts for loved ones and you can say hi to the resident shop pug!
- Cowgirl & Angels – I love stopping by to find flirty, unique pieces (often featuring fun embellishments like rhinestones and fringe)!
- Deja Vu Consignment Boutique – this thrift store always has some amazing vintage finds!
- Jewelry & Fossil Shop Of Steamboat – one of my favorite haunts, I love looking at the beautiful jewelry and crystals on display!
- Meat Bar – while I personally didn’t go here, I did eat some cheeses and wine from their fab selection and it comes highly recommended!
I hope this mini travel guide inspires you to check out this vibrant, small Colorado town!