The holiday season is in full swing, which means getting all of my holiday presents in order for family, coworkers, and friends. I always try to make a point of shopping local and supporting small businesses when I can, but I know that is especially important this year. While I know a lot of content creators and influencers are in the process of putting out their seasonal gift guides, I wanted mine to specifically focus on the small businesses I know and love, or have personal connections to.
I typically center my gift guides around interests, rather than a gendered “for him/her” approach. I am personally more comfortable with a guide that focuses on the more personal over the generic, which is especially the case with these items I’ve picked from my favorite small businesses.
I’ve also included any discount codes available for first time purchases or Black Friday/Cyber Monday deals happening this week. Happy Shopping!
Gifts for The Fashion-Conscious
- Margaux Boot or Demi flat (20% off with code GAUXTIME from 11/23-11/30 – their biggest sale ever!)
- The Tiny Tassel -(20% off with code PINKFRIDAY20) – the signature tassel earring comes in every color of the rainbow to suit every style! ($18)
- Sydne Summer Face Masks (25% off with code THANKS) – I love her holiday collection of face masks – they’re so comfy and a stylish way to stay safe all winter long!
- Dudley Stephens – stylish, environmentally friendly fleeces to keep you cozy!
- Habit Cosmetics Vegan Nail Polish ($18) – I love the range of colors in this non-toxic, cruelty free line!
- Raina Belts (15% off your first order) – You all know how much I love my Penelope Dragon Belt!
- Tradlands Sweater in Marigold (10% off first time sign ups) – The perfect cozy and classic cotton fisher sweater.
- Headbands from Very Shine bebeDior – I love her unique approach to hair accessories – I always find the best headbands and bows!
- Moroccan Magic Tinted Lip Balm (20% off with code BLACKFRIDAY20) – my favorite moisturizing lip balm comes in the loveliest pink tinted duo for a adding some easy color to your holiday look.
- Vis a Vis – one of my favorite Nantucket haunts carries the best delicate and whimsical jewelry in their online shop!
- Theresa Kelly Art Prints – a local DC fashion artist I’ve loved for years now – she has the best fashion and holiday prints! ($20)
- Nicoletta Carlone – you all saw my fabulous Medusa tiara for my Halloween look, but I’m a huge fan of the Old Hollywood Style Starburst Halo Crown for holiday party looks (60% off)!
- Books to get from your favorite local bookstore: Fashionopolis: The Price of Fast Fashion – and the Future of Clothes by Dana Thompson, Nevertheless, She Wore It: 50 Iconic Fashion Moments by Ann Shen, and The Chiffon Trenches: A Memoir by André Leon Talley
My favorite Vintage and Thrift stores to support online:
- Candy Shop Vintage (SC)
- Current Vintage (MA)
- Zippy Chicks (VT) – 20% with code THANKS
- Anna P Curiosities (CT)
- Current Boutique (VA) – 20% off online and in-store this week
- Beacon’s Closet (NY)
Gifts for The Homebody
- ACK 4170 – another one of my favorite Nantucket haunts, this ACK 4170 Soup Mug ($26) is large enough to hold your favorite clam chowder or a steaming cup of hot cocoa.
- Slow North – I’m obsessed with the Eucalyptus + Lavender candle ($34) and Merry + Bright candle tins ($18).
- Shop Sydne Summer Loungewear (25% off with code THANKS) – these loungewear sets by one of my favorite bloggers are truly the perfect pieces to wear all day and look put together while remaining super comfy!
- Margaux Slippers (10% with code OPALS10) – I’m obsessed with the new slipper style – The Cozy – that was released earlier this month. It’s the perfect slipper!
- VT Kitchen Supply Store – my favorite place to shop for handy and unique kitchenware, the garlic peeler and garlic chopper have made my life so much easier when cooking! Definitely browse their website for some of the most useful kitchen tools – I also love these cute Hanukkah napkins!
- Apotheke charcoal reed diffuser (10% subscriptions) – recommended by a friend who swears by this scent in her home!
- Moroccan Magic Face Masks (20% off) – the lavender Sleep Sheet Masks are the best way to ease into bedtime!
- Greenwell Farms Peaberry Kona Coffee ($26/per starter pack) – when my family went on a trip to Hawai’i we discovered this coffee and it’s now our favorite holiday treat. The highest quality coffee beans and best brew!
- Saranoni (BLACKFRIDAY25 to get 25% off) – the Frosted Sage Chenille Throw Blanket ($59) is the perfect cozy addition to any home.
- Framebridge Frames (20% off orders over $50 with code BF20) – looking for the perfect excuse to frame a meaningful family photo or start organizing a photo wall for your home? Framebridge has the best options for you to personalize your meaningful photographs.
- Pacha Soap (up to 25% off) – this company has such great ethically sourced soaps and bath bombs, but I really love their holiday gift sets. I’m a fan of the Scents of the Season Winter Edition gift set ($15).
- Books to get from your favorite local bookstore: Untamed by Glennon Doyle, Mi Comida Latina cookbook by Marciella Kriebel, and The 7 1/2 Deaths of Evelyn Hardcastle by Stuart Turton
Fun Subscriptions for the Homebody:
- The Date Night In box – 15% off all plans with code 15OFFNIB – the perfect monthly subscription for your favorite couple.
- Naked Wines – support small US winemakers with a monthly subscription – I’ve been introduced to tons of incredible vineyards since joining this subscription service! ($40/month)
- Hunt a Killer Mystery box – the best monthly subscription for the true crime detective in your life!
- Shop Made in DC – I love their Merry & Bright seasonal gift boxes ($95), but you can browse through tons of works by local artists and creatives.
- Mocktail Club – $17 for the variety pack of delicious drink mixes – you can choose to add sparkling water, alcohol, or drink them as is!
- Take Care Shop (20% with code SHOPSMALL/Holiday gift with purchase over $200/ Donation to Lucky Dog Rescue means free delivery!) – my go-to location for all my favorite vegan/organic/cruelty-free beauty products. I’d try one of their incredible face creams or serums, their DC Inspired Mani-Pedi Gift Set, or maybe buy a gift card for one of their fabulous facials.
- Petite Soeur – French pastries, but made in DC? This Black, female chef was trained at Le Cordon Bleu and worked in the DC restaurant scene for many years before starting this business. I’d recommend the Chocolate Hazelnut Diamant Sablé cookies for $12.
- Meet the Curator (10% off first purchase) – a wonderful guy who’s so inspiring and constantly representing DC! I’m a huge fan of his Increments Hoodie ($30).
- Baseblue Cosmetics (50% and free shipping) – I love this local brand’s makeup sponges and brushes, but definitely snag the cute Holiday Snowman Makeup Sponge as the perfect stocking stuffer ($13)!
- Springvale Floral – If you’re looking for beautiful floral arrangements for the holidays, be sure to check them out! They also have beautiful dried flower crowns and hair combs!
- Own Your Wonder – having a virtual makeup party is such a fun way to get all dolled up for the holidays in a safe way! This is also a great way to break out your makeup and try out a look you’ve been intimidated by or revamp an old palette! One-on-one express makeup lessons are $45, full face lessons are $80, and group lessons start at $25-$35 per person.
I hope these great small business gift options give you lots of ideas on how to support small businesses locally or across the country. Happy Thanksgiving!