Hello All and Happy *almost* Halloween!!!
Since tomorrow is Halloween and I’ll be busy between work and birthday festivities, I wanted to share thirteen things about myself so you can all get to know me better!
- I majored in Communication and Women’s Studies with a minor in Studio Art. I’m a lover of writing and all forms of art (re: my obsession with museums), so that naturally translated into a degree in communication for me. My alma mater, Hamilton College, had great programs for all of these areas of study so I was very fortunate!
- I’ve been collecting comic books since I was 12. I have hundreds of comics, mangas, and graphic novels in my possession and really enjoy re-reading them and admiring the art!
- I really dislike public speaking. I find it easier to speak on behalf of someone else than for myself.
- I am a Scorpio Sun, Virgo Moon, and Virgo Rising.
- I’ve been a vegetarian for over 15 years. I started when I was 7 or 8 and it just stuck. I hated the taste of meat to begin with and my parents only had chicken, turkey, or fish in the house, so this was an easy transition for me at a young age.
- I played soccer for about 10 years – from elementary school through college.
- I hate wearing orange…but I’m working on incorporating it into my wardrobe as a personal challenge.
- I hate the taste of oranges and artificial fruit flavors. There’s something chemical-y about it that I do not enjoy.
- My lucky number is 13 (hence this list) and my lucky animal is a fox (I have lots of fox apparel and fox totems for good luck around my apartment!)
- I have had a different Halloween costume for every year of my life (I only duplicated being a vampire when I was in middle school and again in college.)
- I am an omelette master.
- I was on the Latin Dance Team in college. Salsa, Bachata, and Tango, anyone??
- I am obsessed with cheese. I will try any cheese, no matter how smelly, and love finding new local and weird cheeses. I would give up dessert over cheese any day. It’s a minor infatuation ahaha.
I hope you all enjoyed learning a little bit more about me!