While the Cherry Blossom season is officially coming to an end, there are still lots of ways to celebrate around DC! I’ve rounded up a few of my top picks for activities, themed venues, and specialty drinks to keep the spirit of the season going well into April and May!
Things to Do:
- Artechouse – I always love Artechouse’s themed interactive exhibits! Renewal 2121, inspired by cherry blossom season, seeks to inspire hope amid a global pandemic and concerns of climate change. (Until September 6, 2021)
- Art in Bloom – Go on a Blossom Hunt in search of 26 giant sculptures, painted by 25 talented local and national artists and installed in various locations across Washington, DC, and in Maryland’s National Harbor and Virginia’s Aurora Highlands and National Landing neighborhoods! I had a blast spending one Saturday exploring the city searching for these sculptures – it’s such a fun way to get outside and enjoy the beautiful weather! (Until May)
- Virtual Tidal Basin Tour – whether you’d prefer to enjoy the blossoms from the comfort of your home or are outside of the DMV, enjoy this virtual tour of the iconic Tidal Basin blooms!
- Cafe Georgetown Cherry Blossom Latte
- National Cherry Blossom Festival – Farmhouse Cherry Ale
- Trader Joe’s Cherry Blossom Rose
Restaurants with Cherry Blossom themes:
- Rewind – Cherry Blossom Pop Up
- Residents DC Cherry Blossom Patio
- Fairmont Hotel Cherry Blossom Afternoon Tea
- Astro Doughnuts & Fried Chicken Cherry Blossom doughnuts
- Hook Hall’s Cherry Blossom Pop-Up Bar
- Also taste the District with the Flavor Pass – a new feature of Cherry Picks featuring 30 DC restaurants!
I hope you all enjoy this spring festival while it lasts as we prepare for the inevitable summer heat wave. Happy Cherry Blossom Season, everyone!