With Washington, DC’s quarantine still in full effect and the cold, dreary winter weather limiting outdoor activities, I’m sharing a few ways to keep yourself occupied and engaged this January and February. I just got back to DC, but I wanted to give everyone ways to support the city – whether you’re a local or somewhere across the country!
With everything that’s been happening in DC this month, I think the whole city can use some extra love and support. My friends who are living there have been relegated to their homes for fear of insurgents or due to COVID protocols, so I think it’s time to give us all options to celebrate this wonderful city!
Without further ado, here’s what I’ll be doing
- Restaurant Week January 26-February 7, 2021 – offering takeout and outdoor dining options.
- Hillwood Museum – explore one of my favorite museums through virtual tours and try out their flower arranging videos to brighten up your home!
- Join a virtual book club – via the DC Public Library or DC staple Politics & Prose – they have a range of book clubs by topic to suit your interest from classics to romance to anti-racism to biographies!
- Attend a White House Historical Association virtual biweekly happy hour – it’s ongoing and a fun way to learn about White House and Presidential History!
- Tune in for virtual Kennedy Center performances.
- Check out Washington Performing Arts for fun virtual performances as well!
- Washington DC History & Culture hosts a ton of virtual events throughout the month if you’re looking to learn more about DC.
- Watch Wonder Woman 1984 on HBO Max – basically a glorified homage to DC in the 80s, and the 7 day free trial lets you watch this movie and more!
I hope these activities give you inspiration to stay engaged and support DC throughout the pandemic this winter. And please let me know of any other events or activities I should add in!