While many Pride parties and parades have been cancelled, that doesn’t mean you can’t have your own jam sesh or mini party to celebrate the queerest month of the year! I’m sharing my favorite queer artists for you to check out, listen to, and support their music, as well. I’ve chosen artists that range in genres from rap to bluegrass to pop, so there’s definitely a musician to suit your personal taste. AND a lot of these musicians are holding virtual concerts or Instagram live sessions so you can enjoy their music *live* and get a more personal experience with their music!
Here are just a few of my favorite LGBTQ+ artists and allies who have been incredibly supportive of LGBTQ+ rights: Halsey, Hayley Kiyoko, Adam Lambert, Toddrick Hall, Lady Gaga, RuPaul, Big Freedia, Heather Mae, Miranda Lambert, Tegan and Sara, Lil Nas X, Kehlani, Syd, Jake Blount, Cakes da Killa, Frank Ocean, Janelle Monae, Ty Herndon, Angel Haze, Chely Wright, and Betty Who. Of course, there are many more in every music genre, so definitely spend some time checking out your favorite types of music to see what other queer artists are out there!
Here are a few of my favorite songs by these artists to keep you jamming all summer long!
- Adam Lambert – VELVET
- Angel Haze – A Tribe Called Red
- Betty Who – Somebody Loves You
- Big Freedia – Louder
- Cakes da Killa – Talkin Greezy
- Chely Wright – Like Me
- Frank Ocean – Thinkin Bout You
- Halsey – Strangers
- Hayley Kiyoko – Girls Like Girls
- Hayley Kiyoko – She
- Heather Mae – You Are My Favorite
- Jake Blount – Mad Mama’s Blues
- Jake Blount – Honey, You Call That Gone
- Janelle Monae – Q.U.E.E.N.
- Kehlani – Open
- Lady Gaga – Americano
- Lady Gaga – Born This Way
- Lil Nas X – Rodeo
- Miranda Lambert – She Keeps Me Warm
- Princess Nokia – Tomboy
- RuPaul – Sissy That Walk
- Syd – Body
- Tegan and Sara – I’ll Be Back Some Day
- Toddrick Hall – Nails, Hair, Hips, Heels
- Ty Herndon – Living in a Moment
I hope these songs help you to be LOUD and PROUD for the rest of Pride Month! Let me know if you have any favorite queer artists I should check out in the comments!