Now that we’re more than halfway through September, I wanted to share what I’m reading and watching this month. With this month housing fashion week, there are a ton of great styling articles and collaborations I’m sharing! There are also a bunch of great movies and shows airing this month that I’m really excited about – check it out below!
- If you felt like cool summer nights weren’t quite what you remember from growing up, be sure to check out this article on climate change.
- Even if you haven’t been following politics closely, here are Six Takeaways from the September Democratic Debate.
- Craving a spooky, real-life historical mystery? Look no further than Skeleton Lake.
- A fascinating article on the background of a highly contested influencer.
- This article on the new Netflix series, Unbelievable, that delves into sexual assault survivors and the system that doubts them – based off a true story.
- A really cool look at the rising stars of hip-hop and luxury fashion innovators.
- Refinery29 gives a rundown of this fall’s street style colors from NYFW that you’ll be wearing all season long.
- A collaboration between the beautiful dresses of Gal Meets Glam and the elegant shoes of Margaux NY drops September 30!
- In honor of the upcoming release of the Downton Abbey movie, here’s a look at the series’ iconic style.
- Looking for easy but cute fall haristyles? Here’s 7 ways to style a scrunchie.
- Uniqlo graphic tee collaborations with famous artists are perfect affordable statements for fall.
Books, Shows, & Movies:
- Fashion Climbing by Bill Cunningham – what better way to celebrate the month of NYFW than by reading the memoir of this iconic New York street style photographer?? I enjoyed learning about his history and first forays into the NYC fashion scene as a hatmaker.
- The Mystery of Three Quarters: A Hercule Poirot novel – I’ve always been a huge Agatha Christie fan, so when I saw this new mystery I had to grab it! Mysteries are the perfect way to kick off #spookyseason in my mind.
- I’m so excited for the upcoming Downton Abbey movie being released on September 20!
- On September 1, Netflix dropped the first season of Serial Killer With Piers Morgan, for all my fellow true crime lovers.
- Also on Netflix, The Spy miniseries aired September 6.
- On Friday, the Netflix documentary Hello, Privilege. It’s Me, Chelsea., dropped and it focuses on white privilege.
- Legally Blonde becomes available to watch on Amazon Prime on September 30!
I hope this provides you with some inspiration and information for the rest of the month! Let me know if there are any things you’re looking forward to this September that I missed!