As states begin to reopen (and since I’m fully vaxxed and boosted) I’ve started planning out a few fun US-based trips to take!
The cities on this list are also located in states I’ve never been to. My goal pre-covid was to travel to at least three new states each year (with the goal of getting to all the US states over the next decade or so – I’ve already been to 23) and I was on a roll in 2018 and 2019!
Being in shutdown has definitely fueled my wanderlust and made me want to explore this beautiful country even more, so here’s a list of the cities at the top of my must-visit list to travel to as soon as possible:
- New Orleans, LA – the music, the food, the architecture – I’ve been wanting to visit for a while and hope to get there within the next year. I think this would be such a fun girl’s trip to take with my besties!
- Nashville, TN – I would absolutely love strolling the streets of Nashville, soaking up the culture and maybe listening to some up-and-coming musicians.
- San Antonio, TX – I’ve heard amazing things about the art scene in this city! While I definitely also want to visit Dallas, Austin, and Houston, this creative city has a special place in my heart.
- Salt Lake City, UT –
- Anchorage, AK – nature meets humanity in this city! I’d definitely go during the warmer months, but would love to go on wildlife hikes and boat rides to really embrace the majesty of the wilderness found in this state.
- Santa Fe, NM –
- Las Vegas, NV – while I’m not a gambler or a fan of casinos, I would love to go to a spectacular Vegas show one night (maybe Lady Gaga??), and spend my days visiting museums, seeing the Seven Magic Mountains, and relaxing by the pool.
- Raleigh, NC –
Please let me know if you’ve ever been to any of these cities and leave recommendations in the comments!